Caisleáin Aircín( Arkyn Castle)
This is situated on the shore side of the road before Cill Éinne pier and village. The site probably marked the location of an O Brien stronghold. English occupation in the 1580s, however, saw the building of the castle. Following the arrival of Cromwell in the mid 17th century it was further fortified using the masonry from the nearby round tower and churches. Little remains of it today.

Caisleán Uí Bhriain
Located in a field to the north of the village of Eoghanacht is the remains of what is thought to have been a tower house. Known locally as an Seanchaisleán it is said to be the remains of an early O Brien stronghold. This is quite probable as the O Briens were dominant chieftains both in Munster and on the islands for centuries. It is likely that they would have had close links with the nearby Seven Churches whose founder Naomh Brecáin came from Co. Clare and whose monastery probably enjoyed their patronage.

Túr Mháirtín
Located in the village of Iar- Áirne in the extreme eastern tip of the island this is a small dry stone tower over looking Gregory’s sound, the stretch of water between Inis Meáin and Inis Mór. In former times it may have been a look-out post. Legend on the islands has it that St Gregory was buried here.

War of Independence Memorial
Memories of the British Black and Tans forces visiting Inis Mór survives. Fifty of them arrived on the island in 1920 in search of three volunteers on the run. They rampaged and terrified the community. A stone on the lower road( Bóthar ó Thuaidh) marks the spot where islander Lawrence Mac Donagh who was on his way to mass was shot dead by them.

Leachtaí Cuimhneacháin( Stone Memorials for Dead)
These large cenotaphs( Leachtaí Cuimhneacháin) are to be found throughout Inis Mór and are a definite curiousity for the visitor. Most are situated along the roadside between Cill Éinne and Eoghanacht and date from the 19th century c. 1811-1886. The oldest three however dating from the early 1700s are found inland at Cill Éinne. The cenotaphs are erected as memorials to certain families among them; the Fitzpatricks, Mc Donaghs, Dirranes, Wiggans, Mullens, Gills, O Donnells, Naughtons, Conneelys, Hernons, and Folens. The inscriptions on them are written in English. Local Lore has it quite erroneously that they are the graves of people who were buried standing upright! Leacht na nIascaire( The Memorial to the Fishermen)
This overlooks Cill Éinne bay and is situated on the northern-shore side of the road at the village of Cill Éinne. It is a modern cenotaph built by the islanders in 1997 and dedicated to all who have drowned at sea. There are extensive names on it dating from the early 19th century. Each year on August 15th there is a memorial service at it for those who lost their lives at sea.